Headlines News :
Home » , » Kara Hui's brother Austin Wai found dead in his Beijing home, he was 55

Kara Hui's brother Austin Wai found dead in his Beijing home, he was 55

Written By Hourpost on Thursday, October 4, 2012 | 7:50 PM





Martial arts star, Austin Wai Tin Chi, passed away in Beijing on October 4th at the age of 55. He recently moved to Beijing and last night, there was news of his death. His younger sister, Kara Hui sorrowfully confirmed the news. She hurried and flew to Beijing to bring her brother's body back to HK. The funeral arrangements will also be held in HK.

Kara reveals she couldn't get in touch with her brother for several days. Last night, Austin's manager discovered that he had passed away in his home in Beijing. The cause of his death is currently unknown. Austin's ex-wife was notified of his death, she signed and said life is unpredictable. Although the two have been separated for nearly 10 years, but she will allow their 16 year old son to be filial to him.

Austin was a popular martial arts star in the 70s and 80s. He was active in both the film and TV industries. Recently he moved to Beijing and rarely appeared in HK. Last night at 7:30pm, Kara announced the bad news on Weibo. She expressed in sorrow: "I am feeling very very sad. My brother, RIP. You will definitely leave well. I miss you!"

Kara accepted an interview over the phone and expressed because she has been unable to reach her brother in the last several days, she was extremely worried. Yesterday she contacted Austin's manager, the manager said once he opened the door to his home, he found Austin's body lying there. Kara immediately called the police. As she was in Hangzhou at the time, she immediately flew to Beijing to find out what was happening because they did not have any family in Beijing.

The last time we heard from Austin was on September 21st, he left a message on Weibo expressing he's health condition is not doing well. His final words were: "It's not that I don't want to update my Weibo, recently my health isn't well. First it was my arthritis pain, I went to see the doctor a month ago and now I have lots of mucus in my coughs. I had trouble breathing. I had done many physicals and still nothing is good. Later I went to the pharmacy to get medicine for 5 days, after the second day, I got a lot better. Troubling me to death."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012. Hourpost - All Rights Reserved
By Blogger