Headlines News :
Home » , » Gaile Lok & Leon Lai Difficulty to Break Through Language Barrier

Gaile Lok & Leon Lai Difficulty to Break Through Language Barrier

Written By Hourpost on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 | 7:27 PM


Gaile Lok's interview on CRHK's radio program 100 News (1圈圈) continued broadcasting. She frankly expressed due to the language barrier, the communication style between her and Leon Lai had been "very strange". Gaile laughed and said of all Leon's 'golden phrases', she only understands "breakfast on an empty stomach". She expressed: "Sometimes he tells me about his golden phrases or perhaps tells me about life principles, I don't really understand what he's saying, so I don't want to listen to him, I just want to watch TV."

She claimed her Chinese is not good, nor does she know how to translate English into Chinese. Likewise, Leon may not be able to translate Chinese into English either. Sometimes she just doesn't understand what he is trying to say, "Sometimes when I'm speaking English, he'll go like huh? Or perhaps when we are watching a Western film, Leon would ask me what some of the English dialogue means, and I wouldn't be able to explain it. Then the conversation just stops there. Our communication style, we try to use the simplest words as much as possible in order to have mutual understanding."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012. Hourpost - All Rights Reserved
By Blogger