Headlines News :

MSM Schmidt: Arrivals (2003)

Written By Hourpost on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 | 1:42 AM

"If you don't like it, then tell us what you'd like to have changed" (an annoying remark of one of my fellow musicians sometime during the 80s).
At that time, I played drums in a band and had no clue of compositions. I was a frustrated, self-taught drummer, never had any lessons, simply playing along in two bands without knowing, how to influence the music I was supposed to be playing.
Helge Mruck was playing keyboards in one of these bands, and sure enough it was Helge, with whom I went about buying my first keyboard, the Roland D50 and who taught me the first steps. With his help, I started to learn an instrument that enabled me to express my musical ideas. During the long years of our friendship, we created an innumerable numbers of songs ... The numbers of keyboards grew, computers and samples were added. Together (with the help of the legendary Atari ST) we composed many songs and founded our own band: Walkin' on Ice. With this band, we also recorded a CD: "Finally". Our music at that time was already very fusion-oriented . I still played drums in our band, but slowly but surely composing became my passion. When Helge moved to England, the band fell apart.
Composing, free from commercial purposes and constraints, is my hobby since. But I always felt that the songs I composed were too fast and too furious for anybody to listen to, not to mention musicians playing them. However, when playing them to friends, their reactions were surprisingly positive. (Which shows: My friends are all very polite.) - - MSM Schmidt.
Tracklist:
01. Orca   
02. Dunes   
03. Afrique   
04. White Light   
05. Lullaby   
06. One 4 Ron   
07. Zebra   
08. Serious   
09. New Hope   
10. Distorted Dreams   
11. Bouquet   
12. MC   
13. Dunes Reprise
Personnel:
Vinnie Colaiuta - Drums
Brandon Fields - Alto & Soprano Sax
Mitchel Forman - Piano & Rhodes
Wolfgang Haffner - Drums
Scott Kinsey - Synths & Piano
Abe Laboriel - Bass
Will Lee - Bass
Steve Tavaglione - Tenor & Soprano Sax & Flute
Ingo Bittkau - Piano
Lutz Büchner - Tenor Sax
Uli Gadau - Acoustic Bass
Holger Larisch - Guitar
Helge Mruck - Strings
Timm Pyttlik - Trumpet
Bernd Schlott - Clarinet
Kai Thomsen - Synths & Piano
MSM Schmidt - Synths, Programming, Drums
============
192K
Rapidgator
Turbobit
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012. Hourpost - All Rights Reserved
By Blogger